Another way to make brushing easier is to sit on a couch or bed. While you sit on the couch or bed, position your loved one to have his or her head on your lap. This allows you easy access and control.
How to Do it:
- Pick any bed or couch
- Position yourself so that your loved one’s head is in your lap
- Position the individual’s hands on the side
- If individual is moving a lot, cross the individual’s hands and have a second individual hold the hands
- If you do not have a second individual, you can position your legs so that they criss cross over the individuals arms
- Use one hand to support the head and place the chin up
- If the individual is not keeping his or her mouth open, check out our tips and tricks on “saying ah”
Check out this short video that will show you how to brush while you sit on a couch or bed.